2016 General Election Schedule:
SEPTEMBER 9: Absentee voting by mail begins
OCTOBER 14: Voter registration deadline
OCTOBER 20: Early voting begins
NOVEMBER 5: Early voting ends
NOVEMBER 8: General election voting is held
Before you vote:
- Register to vote in Mecklenburg County by filling out this form and postmark it before October 14.
- You will NOT need a photo ID at the time of voting.
- Early voting will open Thursday, October 20, and close Saturday, November 5.
- General election day will be November 8 from 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
- Click here to find your voting location.
- Click here for all early voting locations.
- Click here for a list of all open precincts on Nov. 8.
Click here to look up your sample ballot by entering your home address. For more information on this year’s election including voter registration, early and absentee voting, precinct location, etc., please visit Mecklenburg County Board of Elections.
Our Weekly Newsletters:
Files Available in PDF format: